||Tax Depreciation - Essentials
AVAILABLE AS A RECORDING
CPD Points: 1.5
Join Ken Mansell for this 90 minute session where he will cover the basics of ‘Capital Allowances and Capital Works Deductions’ found in Division 40 and Division 43 of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997.
The session will cover, with a focus on rental properties, the following:
Division 40 - Capital Allowance Essentials
- Introduction to Division 40
- Decline in value of depreciating assets
- Depreciating assets
- Hold a depreciating asset
- Calculating the decline in value
- Balancing adjustments
- Immediate deductions
- Low value and software development pools
- Other specific allowances in Division 40
Division 43 - Capital Works Essentials
- Introduction to Division 43
- What are capital works?
- Deductible capital works
- Calculating the Division 43 deduction
- Transactions affecting capital works
- Identifying Division 43 assets
$80 Members / $100 Non Members
Wednesday 15 March
12:30-1:30pm - AVAILABLE LIVE OR AS A RECORDING
CPD Points: 1
There are many risks and obligations involved in every construction project. Many can be transferred or met by various means, be it contractually, Insurance or through financial instruments like bonds or bank guarantees. However, what are the best options and what do you need to look for or consider? It may well be different for each project.
This webinar presented by Graham Mitchener and Bill Callan from Willis Construction Australasia will look to demystify some of these elements of a project by providing an outline of the types of insurance and financial instruments that are commonly used and more importantly what to look for when considering such arrangements
In particular, the session will cover:
- Contract Works & Public Liability
- Professional Indemnity
- General explanation on 'Insurance Bonds'
Cost: $80 Members / $100 Non Members