Higher Education Course Accreditation
The AIQS accredits courses that meet and maintain educational standards relevant to the disciplines of quantity surveying and construction economics and provides external verification of a course’s quality.
Graduates holding the resulting awards are adequately equipped to be recognised by the AIQS as meeting the academic requirements for entry to the profession of quantity surveying.
The accreditation process applies to all undergraduate and postgraduate courses meeting the current Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) requirements for higher education awards, quality assurance and regulation in the disciplines of building/construction management, and quantity surveying.
The goals of the accreditation process are to:
- Offer a means to strengthen and improve existing academic courses in the disciplines covered
- Provide guidelines for the development of new academic courses in the discipline
- Provide guidelines for accrediting new courses
- Provide a framework for a mutual, ongoing dialogue between the AIQS and the Providers
- Provide incentives and a framework for innovation and research.
The AIQS Accredited Course Guide lists the qualifications which are currently accredited by the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (AIQS).
Graduates who hold Australian qualifications which are accredited by the AIQS are eligible for assessment under Pathway 1. Overseas graduates must be assessed under Pathway 3.
Graduates of the degrees listed in our Accredited Course Guide have satisfied the academic requirements for membership of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors. Both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees are listed.
Graduates of Degrees accredited by the following Institutes may also be considered to have satisfied the academic requirements for membership of the Australian Institute of Quantity Surveyors:
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (Construction faculty – QS designation) (RICS)
- Institution of Surveyors, Malaysia (QS Division) (ISM)
- The New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NZIQS)
- The Association of South African Quantity Surveyors (+ Registration) (ASAQS)
- The Singapore Institute of Surveyors and Valuers (SISV)
- The Hong Kong Institute of Surveyors (QS Division) (HKIS)
- The Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (CIQS)
- The Institute of Quantity Surveyors, Sri Lanka (IQSSL)
- Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS)