Certified Quantity Surveyor
AIQS Members with Certified Quantity Surveyor (CQS) designation represent the highest level of expertise within the profession. A Certified Quantity Surveyor has the requisite education, knowledge and experience to provide exemplary service and advice to clients. A Certified Quantity Surveyor provides independent, impartial and expert advice in identifying and minimising risks associated with time, cost, quality, environment and safety.
Certified Quantity Surveyor (CQS) is an additional designation to your current Corporate Membership grade. It does not change your membership grade, it provides your clients an additional assurance of your level of expertise.
As a CQS, you are required to maintain and update your skills and experience through structured Continuing Professional Development (CPD). Through this you will achieve best value outcomes for your clients.
As a CQS, you:
- Possess defined Quantity Surveying competencies that clients value
- Have an internationally recognised badge of competence, benchmarked and transferable with standards applicable in other parts of the world
- Are recognised by the community, industry and governments as a professional and responsible contributor to the industry
- Have demonstrated outstanding Quantity Surveying competence and commitment to professionalism
- Are committed to the AIQS Code of Professional Conduct
Have confirmed a commitment to excellence and currency of knowledge through their engagement in Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Who can apply?
Application for Certified Quantity Surveyor (CQS) designation is available to AIQS Corporate Members in Good Standing (Corporate Membership held prior to January 2017), and new applicants to Corporate Membership (from 1 January 2017).
CQS applicants must be currently undertaking Quantity Surveying work.
Applicants must not have a substantiated breach of AIQS Code of Professional Conduct in the past 5 years. Applicants with a complaint in progress regarding a breach of the AIQS Code of Professional Conduct will have their application for CQS designation deferred until the outcome of the complaint has been determined.
Assessment, Appeals & Use of designation