An expert witness is a witness who is called because he or she has specific knowledge and experience in a particular field. The role of an expert witness in litigation or arbitration proceedings is to assist the court (or arbitration tribunal) come to a proper determination of the matter in dispute
Exclusion of an AIQS member from the Register does not exclude a Quantity Surveyor from testifying as an expert witness. Nor does inclusion on the Register provide any guarantee of competency or experience of the listed members and the AIQS will not be held liable to any party for any loss or injury arising from the engagement of such members (please note the Disclaimer below). However, members on the Register are required to satisfy the following criteria:
- The member must have a minimum of ten (10) years general professional experience as a qualified quantity surveyor.
- The member must be a corporate member of the AIQS (i.e. a Member, Associate or Fellow of the AIQS).
- The member must have achieved a satisfactory level of Continuing Professional Development over the last three (3) years.
- The member must have worked on appropriate construction projects in appropriate positions over the last ten (10) years.
- The member must have undertaken specific training as an Expert Witness, or:
- Have appropriate experience as an Expert Witness.
to view the Expert Witness Register.
If you would like to be listed on the Expert Witness Register, please click here
to download the application form and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
The AIQS Academy has recently released the topic 'Expert Witness'.
to view more information or purchase this topic.