Mirvac is a leading Australian integrated real estate group, listed on the ASX with activities across the investment and development spectrum. Our integrated approach provides us a distinct competitive advantage via specialised in-house asset management, leasing & property management, property design, development and construction.
We currently have a new opportunity for a Cadet Cost Planner to work in our highly successful Construction & Development division. The Mirvac development portfolio is diversified across landmark commercial CBD properties, community retail centres and residential developments across Australia. Reporting directly to the Senior Cost Planner, you will be tasked with assistance in providing construction cost plans in a timely manner throughout the front end of phases of project development.
Your duties will include, but not limited to:
• Assist in the interpretation project briefs and client EOI’s
• Help with the preparation finalisation of Cost Plan phase through to a Bill of Quantities
• Provide detailed construction cost plans for preconstruction reviews inclusive of preliminaries and salaries
• Identify value management and cost optimization opportunities
• Assist with advising on construction risk and buildability issues during all phases of project development
• Attend design and consultant coordination meetings to ensure costs are being considered
• Help with the preparation of cost reporting and analysis
• Provide support with measurement and pricing of variations
• Cost flow / cash flow forecasting
• Liaise with stakeholders regarding project budget, value management, construction methodologies and alternative design options, all of which may have an impact on project feasibility
• Tertiary qualification in a Building Construction / QS / Building economics disciple
• Some experience of working in a QS or construction environment (preferably associated with apartments and commercial offices)
• Experience with using excel and word
• An understanding of cost planning software (i.e. Costx)
• Have some experience of using measurement software (Cad / BIM measurement tools)
• Demonstrated ability to work comfortably within a team of high performance individuals
• Able to focus on producing high quality of work.
If you are interested in being considered for this diverse, rewarding and challenging opportunity at Mirvac please apply with your current resume. For more information on Mirvac please visit our website www.mirvac.com