Changes to Membership from 1 January 2024
Over the past 18 months, AIQS has undertaken a comprehensive review of the current membership structure to assist with achieving the strategic goal of having a robust membership base reflecting the depth and breadth of the industry.
The rationale for this review was to ensure there is a focus on the Certified Quantity Surveyor designation and to ensure that AIQS has a membership structure that enables all those engaged in the broader quantity surveying profession to become members.
The updated membership structure and associated 2024 Membership Entry and Elevation Policy will take effect from 1 January 2024. While the majority of changes relate to those seeking AIQS membership, there are some minor changes to existing member requirements. All new and existing members must review the Policy carefully.
The following is a summary of the key membership changes from 1 January 2024 (note that changes to CPD requirements are for the financial year), with further details in the Membership Entry and Elevation Policy.
For existing members
- Updated CPD requirements:
- Member (MAIQS) or Fellow (FAIQS) Grade members must achieve a minimum of 15 CPD points per financial year. This is irrespective of whether the member (MAIQS or FAIQS) holds the Certified Quantity Surveyor (CQS) designation.
- Graduate Grade members will be required to achieve a minimum of 10 CPD points per financial year commencing 1 July 2024 for the 2024-25 financial year.
- Affiliate Grade members will be required to achieve a minimum of 5 CPD points per financial year commencing 1 July 2024 for the 2024-25 financial year.
- Existing Affiliate members who satisfy the eligibility requirements will be encouraged to upgrade their membership to MAIQS, CQS by December 2024.
- Existing Member and Fellow grade members may be required to apply for CQS.
For those seeking membership
- A new membership category of "Subscriber" has been established for applicants who are not undertaking any quantity surveying work and would like to receive profession-related information, publications and attend AIQS events.
- All applications for MAIQS will be for MAIQS with CQS. Applicants will need to demonstrate they have the requisite experience across eight competencies from two of the three Core Competency areas, will need to complete a Professional Experience Diary, have three years post-graduation experience, and will need to pass an APC interview.
Over the coming months, AIQS will be reviewing and updating the existing competencies and APC processes to ensure these are up to date and provide clear, concise and consistent messaging to both applicants and APC Assessors.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Access the new policy here.