The role of an expert witness, in litigation or arbitration proceedings, is to assist the court (or arbitration tribunal) to come to a proper determination of the matter in dispute.
To be eligible to become an expert witness you must:
- have a minimum of ten years as a practicing Quantity Surveyor
- hold AIQS Member or Fellow grade for a minimum of 12 months
- hold Certified Quantity Surveyor (CQS) designation
- be CPD compliant for the last 12 months according to the AIQS CPD Policy
- have previous experience as an expert witness
- have undertaken specific training as an expert witness (you can access expert witness training on the AIQS Academy).