The role of an expert witness, in litigation or arbitration proceedings, is to assist the court (or arbitration tribunal) to come to a proper determination of the matter in dispute.
To be eligible to become an expert witness you must:
- have a minimum of ten years of professional experience as a Quantity Surveyor
- hold AIQS Member or Fellow grade for a minimum of three years
- have achieved the Certified Quantity Surveyor designation
- be CPD compliant for the last three years according to the AIQS CPD Policy
- have undertaken specific training as an expert witness (you can access expert witness training on the AIQS Academy).