• Must be written by a Quantity Surveyor who has directly supervised your work.
• Must be on company letterhead (if the Supervisor writing your reference has moved to another organisation, they may use the letterhead of the company they now work for and in the letter state the name of the company at which they worked with you).
• Must be dated (include the date the letter was signed).
• Must outline your role and the main duties performed in this role.
• Must include specified commencement and end dates of your role with the organisation.
• Must include contact details for your references.
• Must include the qualifications and post nominals of the person signing the reference (e.g. BSc QS if has a Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying and MRICS if is a member of RICS etc.). Colour copies of each supervisors qualifications are to be provided.
Please note that we also require a colour copy of your referee’s qualifications.
An appropriate supervisor (not a professional or HR Manager) must meet one of the following criteria:
A direct supervisor that is practicing and qualified as a Quantity Surveyor who has studied and graduated from a minimum of 3 years full time in quantity surveying or allied discipline;
A direct supervisor who is a practising Quantity Surveyor recognised as a Corporate (Voting) member of the AIQS or is a member equivalent to a Corporate (Voting) member of a body formally recognised by the Institute.