A certified copy of a document is a copy of an original document which is certified as a true copy by an authorised person.
Certification must appear on the front of each page of the submitted document. All documents uploaded as part of your online application must be in PDF format.
Please ensure that your certified documents are dated no older than 12 months from the date of submission.
- Make a copy of the original document.
- Take the original document and your copy to the certifier.
- They will check your copy is the same as the original.
- On a single-page document, the certifier must write or stamp, 'This is a certified true copy of the original as sighted by me'
- On documents with more than 1 page, the certifier must write or stamp 'I certify this and the following [number of pages] pages to be a true copy of the original as sighted by me' on the first page and initials all other pages.
The certifier must also write or stamp on the copy:
- their signature
- their full name
- their occupation
- their phone number
- the date
- their address (optional)
Authorised persons include:
- Justices of the Peace (JP's)
- Legal Practitioners
- Police Officers.
For a full list of professionals who are authorised to certify documents, please refer to the Department of Home Affairs website.
Original documents are not accepted with your application for skilled migration assessment. Documents submitted are not returned to the applicant.